Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Maleficient

 "I had wings once, and they were strong. They could carry me above the clouds and into the headwinds, and they never faltered. Not even once." - Maleficient

I love that line! I cried a little. I saw myself in her saying those lines to my daughter. In the corporate world I used to have strong wings that my peers and teams both loved and feared me.
Angelina with daughter Vivienne, who plays the little Princess Aurora who is not afraid of Maleficient.

Sometimes as humans we do things out of hurt which we don't really mean. This movie mirrors my belief that people are not inherently bad. And if only we get to know others more, we wouldn't really want for harm to come to them. It's a lovely movie and I'm glad Disney did a take on her character -- and so it seems our fairy tale books would be one villain less and I hope that it'd be the same in real life for everybody.Thank you Bryan for taking me to watch this movie today. :-)

No comments: